Saturday, November 7, 2009

home from Canada and off to IKEA!

So my hubby came home yesterday and I am so glad he is back! I am totally fine with him going out on the road to do what he does- play music- but of course I miss him while he is gone. But the home comings are always nice too! :0)

He is so awesome. He was gone for two weeks (almost) and was so tired when he came home but STILL did a bunch of work last night! He hung several pictures on our bare walls including some wedding pics and changed the toilet seat in the downstairs half-bath. It used to have this horrible forest green seat, but now, it has pretty white one with brushed nickel hardware. Sweet!

This evening we made a trip to our favorite furniture store- IKEA- and picked up a few things we needed for the house. We got another dresser for our bedroom (which we have needed for since we moved in together!), a cool stand/shelf thing for our TV in the master, some cool shelf legs for hubby's desk so it looks like more than just a couple IKEA tables put in an L shape and a small 2x2 honeycomb shelf for the 3rd bedroom TV. All of that for under $400 people! Ohh yeah, and we got a candle holder and some cookies! Pretty darn sweet huh?!

I will take and post some pics once things are put together- later.

Tonight he is working on the dresser and TV stand. Ohh how I will enjoy spreading my belongs out from being STUFFED into 3 drawers plus 2 plastic drawer sets, out into 7 real drawers! WHOO HOO. Maybe I can finally retire those plastic drawers of underwear and socks I have had since college. I think I might take one set to work to have some more storage under my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment