Tuesday, November 3, 2009

dinner was nice tonight

I had a friend of mine over for dinner tonight. I had a great time hanging out and cooking dinner for her. It all turned out pretty yummy I think AND I didnt go buy anything special to make the whole dinner with. I had everything here already! That is quite an accomplishment for me.

I have such a bad habit of getting an idea of something to cook into my head, but then I am short one or two things. Once I have an idea in my head I have a hard time not making that idea, so I usually end up going to the store to get what I am missing.

Maybe my shopping is not organized enough. I try to think of meals I might want to cook throughout the week, but I sometimes have a hard time with that. I think the fact that I get daily emails from Martha Stewart telling me what I could make for dinner doesnt help either. I dont always, or even often, make what she suggests, but it does spark ideas a lot of the time.

So back to our dinner. We had pan sauteed Tilapia seasoned with this awesome Central Market seasoning I got this weekend. For sides we had lemon pepper green beans (thanks to my friend, W) some sweet steamed Carrots (for W to try because she had not them before) and couscous with raisins and herbs.

W totally helped me clean up the kitchen and the dishes after dinner, which she did not have to, but I am grateful for the help. I feel like I have been cleaning so much for weeks on end with the move and getting ready for visitors. Blah to cleaning, but I do like having a clean house!

No comments:

Post a Comment