Thursday, January 14, 2010

la la la la la la la la la

Well, I joined a community choir tonight. Stay tuned as to how it goes. The people were all very nice and welcoming which is a plus, but as I pretty much expected, I am the youngest person in the choir by 15-20 years. I have commited to singing their next concert with them in mid-Feb, and I will probably stick around for the April one but past that we will just see how it goes. The Feb concert theme is LOVE SONGS so its a bunch of musical numbers and other standard type stuff. Fun stuff, but on the initial read-through lets just say this group wasn't really "swingin"! We were (myself included sad to say) pretty square. I think my professional jazz musician husband will have intersting things to say about our renditions of some of these tunes.
I also want to try out for a musical this summer. This one community group is doing the show "Sugar" so I think that will be fun. Again, I dont know anything about the dynamic of this community group, or anything about their calliber or level of professionalism, but why not just give it a try! Right? I cant sit at home and only work, clean and go to gigs with the hubby all the time, forever. I need some "creative outlet" too. * Not that I mind any of the aforementioned things!
ALTHOUGH, knitting has been SO fun to me lately. Will post more on that later, so I can start a new project now!

No comments:

Post a Comment