Saturday, January 2, 2010

Decorations- stored!

I got all the Christmas decorations put up today. I feel pretty accomplished! I still have to get the outside decorations "taken down" but they are very minimal. 4 stings of 100 lights and a spotlight to be exact. cake. I think the red ribbon will just get thrown away. I dont think it will store that well.

Lots of people have been posting on facebook how sad they are to take down their Christmas decorations. It is a little sad, I guess. I will miss the pretty glow of the tree but I will be glad to have the other furniture back in its place.

Taking down the Christmas cards from the mantel really makes it look bare. I need to get some more decorations for up there. We are also still looking for a trunk type thing for the first landing of the stairs. I would like to have those things before my friends S and K come visit in a couple of weeks.

So, we had to spend a bunch of money on my car today. What a bummer. 3 new tires, some new light bulbs (because they were out and it already was in the shop) and then an oil change. I am glad to have the new tires. I knew the ones I had were not great so I will feel better driving on wet or possibly frozen roads now.

No comments:

Post a Comment