Monday, December 14, 2009

Almost Christmas Time!

Well, I have had a lot going on over the past week or so! Let’s see about doing a little recap:

The weekend before last my sister and cousin came down to visit. We had a great time! Well, I had a great time and I hope they did too. We went to downtown Grapevine to do the Main Street Christmas stuff and also to hit a few wineries. Grapevine certainly makes great efforts to keeping their claim of being "Christmas Town USA". As someone who I was chatting with on Saturday morning about going to Grapevine said, "It looks like Christmas threw-up all down Main St." I am all for some good holiday decorations, and being Texas, a lot of the decorations were truly CHRISTmas decorations which is nice, but I will admit, some stores were a bit over the top!

Then last Monday I went to a cookie exchange with some people from work. That was fun and I got a bunch of cool new recipes to try. The way this exchange was done was for each person to bring a "batch" of their cookie for each other person coming to the party, plus a "batch" to share with the group at the party. A batch could be 6-12 cookies. Everyone made very different kinds of cookies and they were all really good!


Last week flew by like a blur. It was kind of busy at work with tons of stuff going on in my department on Thursday and then tons of stuff in general, that needed planning and finalizing on Saturday. I am still waiting to get all the stories about how drama filled Saturday here at work really was!


This weekend Stock played a show at the Winspear opera house here in Downtown. It was certainly interesting to say the least. It was the TCC Christmas special and they were accompanied by the Met Winds. The choir was great in the second half and the band was of course great too. The play that was the 1st half of the show was very silly so once you just resigned to that fact, it was pretty cute and funny.

I finished wrapping all the rest of the Christmas gifts last night after getting home from baking (yet more) cookies with my friend W. Again, we made like 5 different kinds. The lemon ones were not done when I left, but hopefully I can sample some when she comes back to work on Wednesday. So Gifts are wrapped, some need to be shipped this week- hopefully today or tomorrow. I also decieded to use some of the larger boxed gifts on our landing on the stairway leading upstairs as Christmas decorations! I think it looks really cute and how perfect- a bunch of decorations that DO NOT NEED TO BE STORED!! haha! I will post a pic later.
Tomorrow I am hosting my departmental Christmas party at the house. So tonight will be cleaning cleaning cleaning. The house isn’t too dirty of course, but when you have people over that have never seen your place before I personally want it sparkling. I think that can be accomplished in just a couple hours. Will update how the party went on Wednesday! Today is also the official work party here at the museum. Should be cute/fun. I hope there is some good food. I brought a super light lunch so I would feel bad eating the snacks they provide- and more cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment